SERVPRO: FIRE AND SMOKE DAMAGE TIPS
The actions you take immediately after a fire, specifically in the first 24 hours, can decide whether we are successful in recovering property & assets or not. Your actions will also affect the property as there are many risks to consider when cleaning and restoring.
The smoke and soot left after a fire can create further problems to the property which should be immediately taken care of. Your priority task is to have certified Fire damage cleanup services in Fairfax Vienna Oakton to evaluate the damage & ensure that the correct steps are taken as soon as possible.
The following guidelines must be followed with respect to fire damage restoration company activities:
- Get authorization before entering the building.
- When entering a building after a fire, always wear a face mask to prevent inhalation of residual fumes.
- Open windows for ventilation if the weather allows.
- Stay away from areas affected that could further create issues, including carpet or furniture that is fire debris.
- Take a video or photo of the damage without delay.
- Use a qualified servicer to cover open doors, broken windows, roof holes, and other exposed areas to prevent further damage from destruction, bad weather, or theft.
- Discard open food containers and contaminated food, & canned food that has been exposed to heat.
Contact SERVPRO for professional fire cleaning services. We know how overwhelming fire damage can be to your home and property, and we know that it also carries a lot of emotional distress. Our Fire damage cleanup experts aim to ease your tension & will help repair as fast as possible.