Difference Between White Mold and Black Mold?
Mold is a mold that lives both outside and inside. Internal Molds are varied and include varieties such as Aspergillus, Alternaria, Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys chartarum.
While white mold and black mold are fungi that thrive on moist surfaces, there is a big difference between the two. We've outlined some of the differences between white mold vs. black mold above, but here are some quick points to bear in mind:
- More difficult to remove.
- Penetrates beneath the surface.
- produces mycotoxins that can cause serious health effects.
- It can be dark green to black and grows unevenly.
- Grows on the surface & is easy to remove.
- Powder or fine in appearance and texture.
- May cause health effects in humans.
- Can also attack plants & crops.
Mold Remediation Is Important for Your Property
All mold, together with white and black mold, should be seen as a potential health hazard and removed from the home. A team of professionals mold Cleaning Specialists at SERVPRO can assess the situation, identify the mold & origin, and develop a detailed plan for removing the mold.
Mold needs moisture to grow, so any kind of water damage can cause mold growth problems. If water damage is neglected, the mold will continue to grow and spread.
White mold, black mold, or any type of mold can cause effects to your home and family. If you have recently experienced water damage in your home, there is a risk of mold formation.
Contact a SERVPRO expert for assistance with Mold Cleaning Services in Fairfax Vienna Oakton.